Universal Trade Reporting System
The vast majority of pin trades by mail are completed successfully,
and free resources such as the
Reference Center and the
Pin Trading Guidelines are provided as extra assurance against fraud.
However, many people at some point or another will worry about
not receiving a trade or not being able to contact the trader.
Our experience has been that most complaints are resolved simply by
re-establishing communication between the traders. Often someone forgets
to mail a pin before going on vacation or on a business trip, or their
e-mail account gets deactivated for any number of reasons. Only in a
very few number of cases is fraud actually involved.
This Trade Reporting System has two main purposes. The first is to
automatedly attempt to re-establish communication between traders. The
second is to gather information that would be required by a Postal
Inspector in order to prosecute any real cases of theft.
Stealing pins is Mail Fraud, and we have a successful
record of prosecuting those who would defraud others through our
We take this very seriously.
The following requirements must be met in order to register a complaint
with this system:
- You must have initiated a pin trade through a Dizpins or Pin Pics
service, and by means of some provable mechanism such as e-mail or a
- You must have the e-mail address of the person you are trading with.
- You must already have mailed your pin(s).
- You must have attempted for at least one week to contact the trader
by e-mail with no response, OR it has been at least three weeks
since you mailed your pins and you still have not received the trade.
When a new complaint is entered, this system follows the schedule shown
below. For the purposes of the items below, the initiator is the
person who registers the complaint, and the recipient is the person
the initiator is complaining about.
- Both parties are immediately e-mailed the details of the complaint
as well as information about how to respond. The system will attempt
several times to reach the recipient.
- Either party may add notations to the complaint record at any time.
- The initiator may cancel the complaint at any time, for instance
if the pin arrives or other arrangements are made.
- The complaint will automatically be cancelled if it is not
escalated and no notations are made to the record for 30 days.
- Escalation procedures are no longer available as of August, 2009,
but the text of the record may be used when contacting authorities when
further legal action is desired.
NO GUARANTEE is made regarding the outcome of any complaint,
and our moderators are unpaid volunteers who have no legal expertise.
This service is provided AS-IS in the hopes that it will be helpful,
and no warranty whatsoever is given or implied.