PinPics.com (to be known as Pin Pics) is intended to be a fun environment for sharing information and trading pins. The rules outlined in this document are intended to protect this environment and ensure the enjoyment of everyone who uses Pin Pics. If you have any questions, you may email a moderator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any pin trader under the age of 18 should have the consent of a responsible adult. The responsible adult will be held responsible for the minor should any loss or damaged properties due to the trade occur. Any complaints or fraud charges filed will be with the minor as well as the responsible adult. The adult should send an email to email@example.com with the permission and use his/her email account, which will be kept on record.
- Any content added to this site becomes the property of Pin Pics, and can be used by Pin Pics without restriction. This includes any uploaded pin images.
- Copyrighted or restricted material is not permitted on Pin Pics, unless the owner of the copyright or restriction agrees with these terms. Any other copyrighted or restricted material will be removed from this site.
- Images from eBay should never be uploaded to Pinpics.
- Our policy is that any content , including pin images, with the exception of blog and blog images, may be used or copied by anyone for any NON-COMMERCIAL purpose as long as appropriate attribution is made to Pin Pics.
- Pin Pics reserves the right to modify this rule on a case-by-case basis when it adversely impacts site performance or utilization. (For more image linking policies, please see our Help page).
- Pin Pics is not liable for any content added by one of our members. This includes any content which is offensive, unreliable, or outright incorrect.
- Under no circumstances shall the e-mail addresses or private messaging system of Pin Pics members be used to send objectionable or offensive material to any of our members.
- No profiteering, commercial advertising, auctioning, or selling is allowed within any content added to Pin Pics or within any correspondence sent to member e-mail addresses taken from this site.
- No profanity or malicious behavior is allowed, either within the content of Pin Pics or to its members.
- This includes malicious or hateful content added to this site, or malicious or hateful e-mail sent to any of our members within the scope of Pin Pics activities such as trading pins with the Trade Assistant.
- Trade requests are for pins and should not include a request for a combination of pins and money. Failure to comply, may result in a one week suspension for the first offensive and a ban for subsequent offenses.
- Arranging pin trades over the internet is not always safe. Under no circumstances shall Pin Pics be held responsible for incomplete pin trades or fraudulent activity by anyone using a Pin Pics facility to trade pins.
- Everyone using Pin Pics is encouraged to learn how to address the risks of internet pin trading. We recommend reading Dizpins Internet Pin Trading Guidelines (linked with permission).
- For pin trading guidelines, see below.
- Our administrators reserve the right to remove or edit any material added to this site for any reason. However, the administrators will normally restrict themselves to editing content which conflicts with the terms outlined in this document. Our administrators also reserve the right to deny service to anyone for any reason.
PIN PICS IS INTENDED FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES AND IS PROVIDED AS-IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL PIN PICS BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE, OR THE AVAILABILITY OF THIS SITE.
Guidelines when pin trading online...
Before accepting a trade, always Check References at the Dizpins Reference Center or online sites such as ebay. If you are unsure about a trade, email a moderator who can be the neutral 3rd party, where both traders will send the package to the moderator. Once both packages are received, the moderator will forward the package.
Do not assume because you accepted a Trade Agreement that the trade is confirmed.
- Have the trade in writing, and confirm the trade by exchanging mailing addresses.
- Plan on mailing the pin within 24-48 hours of the agreement.
- If you do not plan on mailing the pin within 24-48 hours, you must notify the other person prior to accepting the trade.
- You cannot hold onto your pin and wait for the other person's pin to arrive first. This is discourteous and also unethical.
Each trader is responsible for their pin(s) until the package reaches the final destination.
- The package is the responsibility of the sender.
- Verify the pin(s) you are sending does not have any missing pieces, broken pieces, major scratches, or broken dangles or hinges.
- Package the pin with care and use a bubbled or padded packaging to send. You can find these materials at any office supply store. Do not use a common #10 business envelope.
- Make sure you include sufficient postage.
- If you are sending a hard to find pin, or a pin which is not replaceable, spend the extra money and use a tracking service like delivery or signature confirmation.
- Insure the item if needed.
- For international traders, use a courier or send it by Global or Registered Mail.
Allow plenty of travel time for the package to be mailed.
- Do not assume the package will be at your doorstep overnight.
- US domestic packages can take anywhere between 1 day to 1 week.
- European packages to/from the US can take anywhere between 1 to 6 weeks.
Communication is key!
- After shipping the package, email the trader the date you sent the package.
- After you receive the pin(s), email the trader that the package arrived safely.
- Its also courteous to post a positive feedback on the Dizpins.com Reference Page.
- If you will be on vacation or there's an unexpected illness in the family, use your email "out of office/ auto reply" or post on the board that you will not be near a computer.
This is a great place to meet people. In most cases, the trades you make will be successful, if you take the time to communicate and verify before trading.
GOT A PIN COMPLAINT? PLEASE READ!
Before accepting a trade, always Check References at the Dizpins Reference Center or online sites such as ebay. The majority of the time you can avoid a bad trade by checking references.
If you are unsure about a trade, email a moderator who can be the neutral 3rd party, where both traders will send the package to the moderator. Once both packages are received, the moderator will forward the package.
The most common reasons people file a complaint are:
The pin trade was made weeks ago, the pin hasn't arrived and the pin trader is not responding to email inquiries
- The pin trader sent the wrong pin and refuses to correct the mistake
- The pin trader sent a broken or damaged pin and refuses to replace the pin
Where do you file a complaint?
If you have attempted to communicate with the other trader, and the situation has not been resolved, go to the Dizpins.com Reference Center and scroll down the Complaint box.
Complaints received against a Pin Pics member will be reviewed by a team of moderators.
The member will be notified via email of the review and will have the ability to respond to the complaints within a specified amount of time.
- In most cases, the moderators will post a deadline which the complaint must be responded to or resolved. Failure to respond may result in suspension from Pin Pics and/or Dizpins.com
The Moderators will review the complaint on a case-by-case basis.
- If the person who has the complaint fails to communicate, or if found to have multiple bad selling/trading/buying practices, they will be suspended from Pin Pics.
- A temporary suspension may result in a permanent ban from PinPics.com as well as Dizpins.com and the Reference Center,
- If the person who has the complaint fails to resolve the complaint in a cooperative manner, the moderators may recommend the other trader to file a Mail Fraud complaint with the USPS.
If a member is suspended, any complaints they have must be resolved before they can be reinstated.
- If the member is caught creating a new user name, the member can be banned permanently.
- After the suspension is lifted, the member may be placed on a 90 day probationary period.